Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome Summer

I have been very busy all winter and spring preparing multiple series of collage work.

The first of these to be showcased is called, "Flocking to Peggy's Cove", where I will be a featured artist at Jo Beale Gallery in Peggy's Cove. It will run during the first ever Peggy's Cove Arts Festival and is to commemorate the 200th Anniversary of Peggy's Cove. The opening reception is on Sunday July 10th and the show runs through July 22nd.

Each Piece is created with collage paper made with acrylic paints. The resulting works are meant to be fun. With many angles of the iconic lighthouse and seagulls and tourists, the focal pieces are two 24 x 30 pieces representing the village. In these two, I've made the lighthouse become a small beacon in the background and instead showcased many of the important features of Peggy's Cove so to establish a colourful community that can stand well on it's own.

I have a series completed for July 2012 where I will be the Featured Artist at Art Sales and Rental Society on Hollis Street.

The final series is in progress and is tentatively called "Where The Light Gets In". It is a spiritual journey into the Nova Scotia woodlands.

On top of that, my studio is now in the Halifax Art Map. This is a fantastic publication and reference and I am so fortunate to find a place in it. To showcase some of the artists featured on the map, I have work at Fred, 5606 Agricola Street, Halifax from May 2nd-June 26th. (and YAY!!! one of the pieces is already sold.

Last but certainly not least, I have over 15 pieces for show and sale at Seaside Gallery, Shaw's Landing, West Dover, where I share the space with my artist friends Joan Crothers, Diane Fralich, Carol Ann McNeil and Wendy Pritchard-Madore. Shaw's Landing is owned and operated by Rosie and Cecil Herrit who have kindly given us space for what is now our 5th season!

I gotta get back to work! Thank you for reading.

Andrea

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Peggy's Cove collages are spectacular Andrea. We are really looking forward to your participation in the Peggy's Cove Festival of the Arts Open Studio Weekend, July 9 and 10th.